CROWNS, BRIDGES, AND OTHER COSMETIC SURGERY
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth to restore its size and shape as well as improve its appearance and strength. When in place, the crown fully encases the visible portion of the tooth above the gum line.
Reasons a Dental Crown may be needed:
- Restore a broken or severely worn-down tooth
- Support and cover a large filling
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a misshaped or severely discolored tooth
A dental bridge can bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. It is made up of two or more crowns placed on either side of the gap supported by natural teeth or implants.
Reasons a Dental Bridge may be needed:
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to properly speak and chew
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute your bite properly
- Prevent remaining teeth from shifting out of position
Cosmetic Dentistry can enhance your smile if your teeth are discolored, stained, worn, broken, chipped, misshapen or have gaps between them. Depending on your individual situation, there are several dental procedures that can be incorporated, including:
- Teeth Whitening: In office and take-home whitening options are available
- Dental Veneers: A custom-made tooth-colored shell that covers the front surface of the teeth
- Dental Bonding: A tooth-colored material is applied to the tooth to re-shape it
- Inlays and Onlays: Preserve as much of the healthy tooth as possible and an alternative to crowns
- Invisalign: Invisible braces for a simple fix or complex shifts, these clear removable aligners can straighten your smile up to two times faster
Rejuvenate Your Appearance
Convergent Dentistry can transform your smile and appearance. Why go through your day feeling self-conscious about the state of your teeth when Dr. Rooney can help? You have the power to change your smile for the better, and it all starts with a phone call to our Leawood, KS office.
For more information about our dental services, scheduling an appointment or an initial no-charge consultation, call us today at 913-491-9119.